Preparation time50 min
8Chicken thighs, with or without skin, on the bone
1glemon zest and juice
50gButtery Taste Spread
2large glasses dry white wine
Finely diced onion
Finely diced garlic
- Preheat the oven 200°C / 400°F / Gas Mark 6.
- Score the flesh of the chicken with a sharp knife 2-3 times and season. Rub the chopped herbs over the chicken pieces and into the cuts.
- Heat the oil in a casserole dish on the hob. Place the chicken in the dish, and cook for about 5 minutes or until golden brown. About half way through cooking add the lemon zest, sage leaves and 25g Benecol® Buttery Taste Spread
- Add finely diced onion and garlic, fry for 1 minute. Add the white wine and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice. Bring to the boil.
- Scrape any sticky residues from the bottom of the casserole dish.
- Finish cooking the chicken in a hot oven for about 15 minutes or until cooked.
- Remove from the oven, add the remaining 25g Benecol® Buttery Taste Spread and stir into the sauce. Cover and leave to rest for 2-3 minutes before serving.