Preparation time10 min
300mlsoya milk or semi-skimmed milk
- Put Benecol® Buttery Taste Spread in a pan with plain flour.
- Cook for 2 minutes until the well combined mixture is sizzling.
- Remove from the heat and gradually whisk in the soya or semi-skimmed milk a little at a time.
- Return to the heat and bring to the boil, stirring continuously until thickened.
- Remove from the heat and stir in your choice of flavouring – (grated cheese, chopped herbs, chopped spinach, pinch nutmeg or sugar)
For a Béchamel sauce infuse the milk (gently bring to just below the boil then let it infuse for 15 minutes) with a couple of parsley stalks, a bay leaf and some pepper corns before using in the sauce.
Products used in this recipe