Preparation time20 min
1-2slices of wholemeal bread
Spray olive oil
1chopped salad tomato
A pinch of pepper
- Pop your bread in the toaster and crack your eggs into a pan
- Whisk your eggs over a medium heat, adding 5g of Benecol Buttery Spread to the pan as the eggs start the thicken
- Just before your eggs are completely firm, remove them from the heat (as the residual heat will carry on cooking them!)
- Whilst your eggs are cooking, heat some olive oil in a pan and once hot throw in your tomatoes and mushrooms; season with a good grind of pepper. Add your spinach towards the end of cooking to wilt.
- When your toast is done spread 25g of Benecol® Buttery Spread and scoop out your avocado flesh before ‘smashing’ it onto the toast using a fork.
- To serve, pop your avo toast on a plate, with your buttery scrambled eggs on top and serve the vegetables on the side. Season with extra pepper.
Products used in this recipe