20 bitesize brownies
Preparation timeOver 30 min
140 g60-70% cocoa solid chocolate (plus 50g extra for decorating)
150 gsoft brown sugar
2 tbspmilk/plant based milk
1 tspvanilla paste
200 gground almonds
pinchof fine sea salt
1/2 tspbaking powder
You will need a 20x20cm square cake tin
- Preheat oven to 160c Fan (180c convection oven)
- Melt 140 g of chocolate in a bain marie and let it cool for 5 minutes.
- Whisk the sugar and Benecol spread together until flight and fluffy and then add the eggs and whisk again.
- Stir in the milk, vanilla and ground almonds and then sift over the salt, baking powder and cocoa.
- Fold in the sieved ingredients and then the melted chocolate and pour into a lined tin and bake on the middle shelf for 22-24 minutes, there should still be a slight wobble in the centre.
- If you wish, chop the remaining chocolate into small pieces and scatter them on the hot brownie to melt and set.
- Once out of the oven and cooled in the tin, refrigerate for a couple of hours or overnight before slicing and serving.
Products used in this recipe